1. Granddad: Where are your bangles?
Disha: I don’t have my bangles. *pause* I only have my arm.
2. The Fairy Tale Effect
Me: Disha! Please sit down!
Disha: Not by the hair of my chinny chin chin!
3. The Dora Effect
Disha (standing in front of a shut door): Abre! abre!
Impossible toddler goals-
1) D: Amma, I want to lie down on my lap.
Me: You mean you want to lie down on amma’s lap?
D (bending over and twisting her head onto her knee): No! I want to lie on D’s lap!
2) Wanting to sleep on six-inch long dolly beds, and coveting her baby doll’s clothes and shoes (“I want! I want!”)
Accurate toddler misinterpretations:
1) Me (being pretentious): Excuse-moi
D (cheerfully): Excuse amma!
2) Me: Let’s go to the library, D
D: I love going to the libraread!